Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Trail Ride


Howdy y'all! You ready for a ride in the wild wild west? We got in our best cowboy attire and headed out to the ranch for Becky's birthday. Black Mustang Ranch is located just a short drive north on the trail of McKinney.


Our instruction of how to ride a horse consisted of climb up and swing your right leg over. As you can see from my smile, I am confident in my abilities to ride a horse even though I have never really ridden one. My horse was named Blazer which I learned during the ride was misleading. 


 Becky, on the other hand, was once in a horse show when she was a young buck. Our guides were very impressed with her skills and gave her a horse named Puppy. Puppy was a free spirit.


When Puppy wasn't kicking up dust on the trail.....


he was getting a snack in the trees!


I was taken by surprise as Becky and Puppy went speeding by me. I was supposed to have the fast horse.


But in reality, Blazer kept his slow and steady pace.



We stopped by a lake to take a break. Blazer needed a rest and took a little snooze. Notice Puppy trying to eat the branch and Blazer is perfectly posed and calm. It only took 10 minutes to get our horses together for a picture but we finally got it.


Becky was able to capture the fall foliage with Blazer leading the way on the trail. Just looking at that picture makes my butt hurt again.


At the end of the day, we all had a great time. Blazer was ready for a well deserved rest and hopefully Puppy got some feed. Becky and I, however, couldn't walk for the next 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment